COLLIN CARTER BIOGRAPHY:
High School: Lettered in football and basketball at Bishop Miege High School ... Played football for coach Jon Holmes ... As a senior was named first team all-league, all-state and all-metro ... As a junior was first team all-conference, all-state and second team all-metro ... As a sophomore was named second team all-conference ... Named Special Teams Player Of The Year ... His team earned the league championship in 2013 and reached the Sub State as a junior ... Hit both a 51 and 50-yard field goal during his high school career ... Holds theschool record for most consecutive PAT’s made with 58 ... Recorded a school-record 41 touchbacks in a season and 117 for his career ... Boasts a 75 percent mark on field goals (21-of-28) and had 117 for his career.
Personal: Born Collin Patrick Carter on April 13, 1995 to Bill and Jeanette Carter in Kansas City, Mo ... Plans to major in Business Administration.
GETTING TO KNOW COLLIN CARTER:
1. What made you choose ISU?
I really enjoyed getting to know the coaches and players on the visit and I have a good chance of starting early so that helped a lot!
2. How influential was Coach DeBerry in your decision to come to ISU?
Very influential, I appreciated how honest he was with me and how interested he was in my ability.
3. What leadership qualities will you bring with you to ISU?
I have always been a leader on and off the field and I plan on doing the same at ISU. I don't want to step on anyone's toes though so I will probably start off a little shy.
4. What do you plan to major in?
I have a couple options I need to look into and see which would be the best fit. It's either going to be business or nursing
5. What are your career plans after football?
After football I would love to travel around for a couple years and eventually settle down somewhere and focus in my career and possible family.
6. What about Coach Sanford and the rest of the coaching staff attracted you to this program?
I really liked how young the coaching staff is and felt like there was a good amount of energy coming from them.
7. What about the program as a whole are you most excited about?
I'm really excited to be a part of something bigger tha myself and I'm look forward to having a comeback season.
8. How will your skill set impact this team?
In the best way possible, I have high expectations for myself and won't settle for anything less so I plan on having a strong impact in the special teams part of the game.
9. What excited you the most about playing in the Missouri Valley Conference?
Knowing that it is the best FCS league and how every week is a competitive game.
10. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
My parents, they've helped and guided me through everything and I wouldn't be the man I am without them being by my side to help
11. What athlete do you look up to the most and why?
I don't really look up to an athlete but I like watching Lebron James play.
12. If you had to compare you playing style to one NFL player who would it be and why?
Ryan Succup, because that's my home teams kicker.
13. If you were marooned on a deserted island and were only allowed to bring three items what would they be?
Football, field goal post, and coach Deberry. Haha just kidding, I'd bring a fishing pole ,a pot, and a flint
14. What’s one place in the world you have to see in your lifetime?
15. Favorite non-football hobby?
Skiing, hiking, and swimming
16. Favorite meal?
Ribs and fries
17. Favorite restaurant?
Buffalo Wild Wings
REGISTER NOW: The Indiana State Football Golf Outing Fundraiser Is Scheduled For April 26, 2014. We look forward to having you this year! Click here to register NOW!