Kyle Wade's Biography:
Previous School: Played football for two seasons at Saddleback College for coach Mark McElroy ... Named First Team All-National Division Southern Conference and received the team’s Iron Man Award ... Was part of an offensive unit that averaged nearly 500 yards per game in 2013 and blocked for the leading passer in the Southern California Football Association ... His team won the 2012 National Division Southern Conference Championship.
High School: Lettered in football for two seasons at Trabuco Hills High School ... Played for coach Scott Orloff ... Played in the North vs. South Orange County All-Star Game ... Received his team’s coaches award as a senior ... During his junior season, his team went 12-2, won the Sea View League Championship and made it to the CIF Finals.
Personal: Born Kyle Andrew Wade on January 23, 1993 to Mark and Kathy Wade in Mission Viejo, Calif. ... His younger brother Kevin Wade plays baseball at Portland ... Plans to major in Criminology.
GETTING TO KNOW KYLE WADE:
1. What made you choose ISU?
Choosing ISU was an easy decision for me. I really liked the bond between the players and the coaching staff and how close knit everyone is. I also like the criminal justice program that is offered.
2. How influential was Coach Sheppard in your decision to come to ISU?
Coach Shep played a huge role in my decision. He started recruiting me in early September and would always give me a call each week to see how I was doing and how the season was going. Coach Shep made me feel really comfortable and made my decision easy.
3. What leadership qualities will you bring with you to ISU?
I'm going to bring a strong work ethic and a desire to win.
4. What do you plan to major in?
5. What are your career plans after football?
I want to become a police officer and work myself through the ranks to become a detective.
6. What about Coach Sanford and the rest of the coaching staff attracted you to this program?
The thing I like about Coach Sanford is his experience and knowledge of coaching big time programs. The whole coaching staff is young and energetic and have the desire to win.
7. What about the program as a whole are you most excited about?
I'm excited to be part of a team that can turn the program around.
8. How will your skill set impact this team?
I feel my skill set will bring more physicality and athleticism to the O-line.
9. What excited you the most about playing in the Missouri Valley Conference?
Playing against the best teams in FCS football and knowing each week is going to be a battle.
10. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
My parents are the most influential people in my life. They instilled in me at a young age a strong work ethic and a will to never give up when times get tough. They molded me into who i am today.
11. What athlete do you look up to the most and why?
I really don't look up to any particular athlete.
12. If you had to compare you playing style to one NFL player who would it be and why?
I would have to say Joe Staley; he plays nasty and uses his athleticism to wear people out.
13. If you were marooned on a deserted island and were only allowed to bring three items what would they be?
I would bring a fishing pole, knife and water.
14. What’s one place in the world you have to see in your lifetime?
I would like to check out Germany.
15. Favorite non-football hobby?
16. Favorite meal?
Steak and a baked potato
17. Favorite restaurant?
Trabuco Oaks Steakhouse in Orange County, Calif.
SAVE THE DATE: The Indiana State Football Golf Outing Fundraiser Is Scheduled For April 26, 2014. We look forward to having you this year!